Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 MOTYCs rewatch #1 The Power of White Pants

I'll rewatch some stuff to know if I should put him in my MOTY list and/or in what place. I'm gonna try to do a top 100. Starting with 3 Lance Archer matches in the G1 Climax.




NJPW G1 Climax 24 - Tag 2 - 23.07.2014
G1 Climax 2014 Block B Match

Lance Archer vs. Tetsuya Naito

Such a great sprint, a simple David vs Goliath story well executed with a bunch of cool power moves by Archer. These two have good chemistry, I hope they will meet again in a longer match (next Climax?).
****



NJPW G1 Climax 24 - Tag 5 - 28.07.2014
G1 Climax 2014 Block B Match
Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Lance Archer

One of the biggest surprise of the year (to me anyway) was Tenzan performance in the G1. This wasn't the best one, from what I can recall his matches against Styles, Goto and Okada were better but this was still good. Not enough to be on my list but really enjoyable.
***1/2


NJPW G1 Climax 24 - Tag 8 -  03.08.2014
G1 Climax 2014 Block B Match
AJ Styles vs. Lance Archer

Like with Naito, this is speed vs power contest. I liked the Naito match more tough. AJ working over Archer leg was nice way to gain the advantage. And it plays to the finish, wich is always appreciated. I loved the power moves here too. I'm gonna put it in my top 100 for now but I don't think if it will stay. 
***3/4


No comments:

Post a Comment